Tuesday, January 14, 2014

whole again

One of my goals is to write shorter posts this year.

Here goes.

I just had a major breakthrough from reading a comment left on my post January: Ask God For Help that can be summarized in one sentence:

Health, even physical health, is NOT about what your body looks like.  

Now reading that may not be a mind blowing experience for you as it might seem too simple, but this struck a cord with me as I realized that for years and years I have made the mistake of connecting looks and health as synonymous.

The second breakthrough comes from an amazing blog post entitled "Babies Ruin Bodies." Please please please read this post.  I will not attempt to rewrite what this woman has so beautifully written to describe the incredible gift it is to bear life.  My favorite part is the last sentence.

"If anything, I was ruined by the world before I knew [Eden], and she made me whole again."  

This idea, that babies do not in fact ruin our bodies but make them whole, rings true in the story of my life From Darkness To Light.  While I had lived in destruction for years and my body was "ruined" by my own poor choices and distorted understanding of health and beauty presented to me by this fallen world, I was stuck thinking health was only displayed in how my body looked.  However I truly believe growing and birthing Eden has and will continue to make me holistically healthy and whole again.

And not only is my body being made whole, but also my mind and understanding of beauty.

I can already see the manifestation of my confession in my mental health through the incredible wisdom of monkeytoes who left such a remarkable comment.

Speaking of comments, if you do have a thought please leave it as I would be blessed by your responses to the many thoughts running through my head.

John 8:32 says, "You will know the truth and the truth will set you FREE."  I already feel one step closer to freedom, only 14 days into this 365 day pursuit.

Not bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment