Tuesday, January 21, 2014

refocus

I took some time to refocus last night.  Taking some time as a mom now means thinking for 4 minutes straight during my shower while dad is playing with Eden.  In my refocusing time, it became clear to me that I have gotten off track as my posts have not remained in the realm of my monthly habit for January: confession. I am not surprised to have gotten off track because my new life is full of wonderful and constant distractions to my thought life in the form of waking up, crying, nursing, diaper changing, and beyond.

It is easy to get distracted and important to take time to specifically check in and refocus.  

The more I think about and study health, the broader and broader this topic becomes as I can almost link any given topic to health.  So while this started as a "simple" task of studying health for this year, I can now see how HUGE holistic health can be- and it is actually kind of overwhelming as I find myself frantically searching for clarity in the huge sea of potential topics to study under the umbrella of health.

So I come back to my goal and refocus on my confession.


Lord please restore my health this year.  
I can't do it without you. 
I release the control of my body to you. 
I recognize that it is not by will nor might but by your spirit that I will see health.  
Give me patience as I wait for you to act and help me not to labor in vain. 
John 15:5 - Zech 4:6 - Psalm 37:7 - Psalm 127:1


I have been diligently confessing this statement, just not writing about it specifically.  The more I speak out and meditate on these ideas, the more I recognize that I cannot do anything without Christ.  This whole entire year long pursuit of health will be WORTHLESS if I forget this truth and forget to invite God into this adventure.

More than I want to be healthy, I want to honor God by bearing fruit in my life.

And I am convinced that fruit will come through health.

So I will continue to create the habit of asking for help each day of this new year.



No comments:

Post a Comment