Sunday, January 19, 2014

7 pillars of health

My writing is typically spiritual, so this is new for me to write about topics that have practical content.  It feels strange to not back everything with God's Word since that is normally where I find confidence to write.  As I check myself to make sure what I am writing is truth, I recognize that practical health education demands wisdom and wisdom is spiritual.

So as I ask God for help in my pursuit of health this year, I am thankful to learn from the wisdom and education of others who are much smarter than me and who have done extensive studying and research on pillars of healthy lives.

Dr. Don Colbert is one man in particular whom I have found much direction from as he has broken down holistic health into 7 simple pillars.

1. Water- drink 1/2 of your body weight in ounces of water
2. Sleep 7-8 hours a night
3. Eat living foods and not dead foods
4. Exercise- move your body every day
5. Detoxify- sweat to release toxins in your body
6. Take supplements- foods today are lacking basic nutrients we need to be healthy
7. Cope with stress

I wish I had known these years ago when I was so destructively pursuing "health."

Some of these pillars foreshadow topics and habits I will pursue in other months, but I like having the overview at the beginning of this road so I can already start implementing these healthy habits into my life.

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have recieved from God?  You are not your own, you were bought with a price.  Therefore honor God with your bodies."  1 Corinthians 6:19-20

http://www.drcolbert.com/seven-pillars-of-health.html



No comments:

Post a Comment