Friday, January 17, 2014

renewing my mind


In the middle of my yoga practice the other day I got really overwhelmed, letting my mind wander to think about how many classes I could have to come to before I would actually see and feel results in my body.  This was a really bad thought habit I picked up during my years of destroying my body through overexercise and under eating.

But here, during yoga, I had a great breakthrough: 

The purpose of exercise is not to lose weight.  It is not to look good.  It is not about tangible results.  It is health.  

Therefore I could walk out of the studio today and know that I had accomplished my goal.  My personal goal and reason for implementing exercise back into my life is not to lose weight or burn a certain number of calories or run a certain number of miles or look better or tone my muscle or fit into my pre-baby pants, my goal is health.

I want to be healthy for myself.  For God.  For my family.

And I made a healthy choice and am healthier today for it.

I will continue to confess my statement for the year and ask God for help as I renew my mind to truth.

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind."  Romans 12:2




No comments:

Post a Comment