Saturday, January 11, 2014

blog revamp


When I started this blog about a year ago I was not sure what would come of it.  While it initially started as a testimony and space to document a fresh start in the life of our family it has morphed into less of a narrative story and more of an account of my experience in creating new healthy habits.

In recent years writing has become an outlet for my healing and writing in a blog was an easy way to archive my many thoughts.  I had not put much time or thought into advertising this blog beyond mentioning it to close friends and family.  Then just about 48 hours ago my friend Amber asked if she could advertise my blog through hers, mommysmetime and I thought, why not?!

So for fun I also posted a link on facebook and I sit here today amazed that 2 days later I have had an overwhelming amount of people checking out the blog, commenting on posts, writing messages and contacting me with ideas and encouragement and support!!!

The incredible amount of interest is so exciting and motivating me to take this blogging more seriously, so I have already changed the title and look as well as honed in on a focus.

So thank you everyone who is reading this and please continue to come and see what God is teaching me as I pursue health this year.  I would love for you to join me in learning about health as I take on this challenge of creating 12 new healthy habits in 2014.

I am very passionate about CHOICE and amazed that God has given us this incredible gift.  I am convinced that we choose the kind of life we want to live by the habits we create. And I spent 2013 choosing to create intentional habits that would bear fruit in my life and the life of our family.

And it worked.

I look back and read through old posts and ponder the changes in our lives over this past year and it is astonishing what God has done and the incredible fruit we now enjoy.  In one year.

My husband's job which led to an apprenticeship which led to a new education and career.
Health insurance coverage.
My healthy pregnancy and our beautiful baby girl Eden.
More friendships and support than we could have ever asked for or imagined.
Continual financial restoration.
Joy.  Freedom.  Grace.  Laughter.

Life.

While we do not take the credit for this fruit but rather point all of the glory to God, we do acknowledge that just as in the experience of planting a garden, we have a role and God has a role.  We plant, water, weed, and position for sunlight while GOD does the miraculous.

There is a biblical principle of seedtime and harvest which says that we will reap what we sow.  (Galatians 6:7-9)  We were intentional to sow LIFE in 2013 after a year of loss and pain in 2012 and are now reaping the incredible fruit at the miraculous and gracious hand of God.

I like this and want to continue this pursuit in 2014.

John 15:8 says, "This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples."  NLT words the same verse this way: "When you produce much fruit, you are my true disciples.  This brings great glory to my Father."

The deepest desire of my heart is to glorify our Heavenly Father, and if bearing fruit glorifies Him than I want to continue my pursuit of fruit.  So this blog that started as a new book now has a new title which shares our new goal and desire- the pursuit of fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment