Thursday, July 3, 2014

add something good

I am a major snacker.  I could snack all day long.  I actually snack more mentally than anything as I think about it throughout the day.  And while this snacking is not necessarily a danger to my physical health, it is often meeting an emotional need.  I tend to snack when I am feeling bored, overwhelmed, nervous, unproductive, or lonely.

Because of that I would like to nip this bad habit.  Not to lose weight nor eat less nor cut calories, but to stop using food to medicate uncomfortable emotions.

As I seek to snack less, I want to try a new approach because being so restrictive and cutting out all snacks feels too rigid.  I have been rigid and restrictive in the past and it has only reinforced a dysfunctional food relationship.   Again, food is to nourish not to indulge nor restrict for emotional outlets.

So this time, rather than focusing on subtracting the bad, I shift to focus on adding something good to my lifestyle as I pursue holistic health.   My hope is that this will naturally sift out some of the unnecessary excess.

Adding a daily, healthy, complete meal replacement protein shake is one seed I can sow into the overhaul of my eating habits while simultaneously reframing my relationship with food.

My daily shake consists of:
2 scoops of IsaLean Shake Protein Powder 
    *24 grams undenatured protein
    *8 grams dietary fiber
    *23 vitamins and minerals

1 scoop Isagenix Greens!
    *naturally spray dried and cold pressed greens 
    *antioxidant-rich ingredients like ginkgo biloba leaf, green tea extract, & grape seed extract

8 ounces of water and lots of ice

Again, the whole point of this pursuit is to bear much fruit.  I am hopeful that this month's challenge will bring me one step closer to living a healthy, God-honoring, balanced life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment