Saturday, June 7, 2014

why not?

Throughout this past week of consistently drinking half of my body weight in ounces of water, I have already noticed benefits!

-I have more mental clarity and physical energy.
-My skin feels more moisterized.  Even though my husband laughs at me about this one, I promise it is true!  This was actually the first thing I noticied the morning after starting this new habit.
-I feel more full and therefore satisfied throughout the day.
-I experience better sleep at night.

This drinking water thing has given the quickest and most noticeable results of any other healthy habit I have created this year.  

Even though I love water, I know a few people who do not.  When those people ask me why to drink water, my response is why not?

1. We NEED water. It is interesting that we could physically go days or even weeks without food but in 7 days our body would literally shut down without water.  God created our bodies with a need for this life giving liquid.

2. Water is healthy.  Our body is 2/3 water.  Just like a shower cleanses away the dirt on our skin, drinking water cleanses our cells inside our body.  Water bathes our cells in life supporting fluids, and these cells are able to function at their peak when given enough water.  Water helps energy transfer throughout the body.

3. Water is free.  Most other drinks contain calories and cost money, while water is free of both.  How much money would you save if you only drank water for a month?  What other foods could you enjoy if you saved some space in your daily calorie intake for life giving foods rather than liquids?

While I do enjoy the occasional glass of milk and my daily bowl of cereal, most of my liquid consumption comes from water.  And I actually crave water.  Our bodies crave what we consistently feed them.  I am convinced water is an acquired taste, similar like coffee.  Any coffee drinker who has pushed past the initial taste aversion now craves a morning cup, and I am confident that it is the same with water.

Why not take on the challenge of drinking half of your body weight in water for just this one month and noting the effects in your body? 

In just one week, drinking more water has given me more energy to play with my precious little cutie.  I am excited to experience more fruit from this habit!


No comments:

Post a Comment