Saturday, February 8, 2014

contentment

After two long days back at work I have many thoughts in regards to valuing my body but no clarity nor time to create clarity in my recently cluttered life. So here I am holding my 14 week old daughter as she sleeps on my chest and enjoying every precious second I have with her, just staring at her beauty and trying to wrap my mind around the miraculous reality that my husband and I were able to partake in the creation of her life.

I am speechless.  

My speechlessness can best be articulated through an incredible quote I just found which perfectly clarifies and summarizes my recent musings. 

This is a prayer of contentment: I would rather be what God chose to make me than the most glorious creature I could think of; for to have been thought about, born in God's thought, and then made by God, is the dearest, grandest, and most precious thing in all thinking. 
-C.S. Lewis

This is true of Eden.  Of me.  And of you.

This motivates me to care for this incredible body that God Himself, the Creator of universe, thought about and then created in His image. 

Create a habit of seeing yourself in this way, through the eyes of your Maker, as you seek health this year.


By the way, how is that list of things you value about your body going?  

No comments:

Post a Comment